Chemical Peels Fredericksburg
Are you noticing skin damage, such as hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, rough texture, or scarring? Chemical peels can improve your skin condition, revealing smoother, healthier skin with minimal down time.
Depending on your specific skin concern, your aesthetician will select the ideal peel for you to restore your skin to it’s natural, healthy state.
What are Chemical Peels?
A chemical peel uses a non-toxic chemical solution to smooth your skin by removing damaged surface layers. While chemical peels are used mostly on the face, they can also be used to correct skin imperfections on your neck and hands.
Sun exposure, acne, or age can leave your skin uneven, wrinkled, spotted, or scarred. Chemical peels have differing degrees of strength, so it’s important for your aesthetician to thoroughly examine your skin to determine which formula is best for your needs. Chemical peels are generally for patients who are not ready for the CO2 laser resurfacing or simply do not want the associated down time.
Be nefits of Chemical Peels
A chemical peel can improve the appearance of:
- Acne and acne scars
- Age and liver spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Rough skin
Are Chemical Peels Right for Me?
The best candidates for chemical peels have minor skin problems, such as blemishes and imperfections. Most healthy people are good candidates for chemical peels, and the prospect of a complication is very rare.
You may not be a good candidate for chemical peels if you have:
- A history of abnormal skin scarring
- Abnormal pigmentation
- Facial warts
- Pale, freckled skin
How are Chemical Peels Performed?
Your aesthetician will begin by cleansing your face of oils and makeup. The chemical peel solution is then applied to your skin and left on for several minutes. You may feel some burning or stinging, but it is not painful. The chemical peel is neutralized with a cool saline pad after treatment.
Chemical Peel Recovery
Post-treatment, you will experience some redness, stinging, and possible peeling. Depending on the level of chemical peel you receive, you may see some color changes in your skin. Your aesthetician may recommend that you avoid the sun to protect the new layer of skin.
We offer several chemical peels:
- TCA – Improve the appearance of aging skin, smooth fine lines and enhance skin tone.
- Ossential Stimulator Peel – is perfect “lunchtime” peel for all skin type, providing, healthier skin with no irritation or down time.
- ZO 3-Step Peel – is an aggressive strength peel suitable for all skin types and colors. Yields longer lasting results than ordinary peels.
- ZO Invisapeel Intensive Resurfacing Peel – a unique at home peel formulated to show no apparent signs of peel or irritation.
- Glytone Lip & Eye Peel – helps with hyperpigmentation and photoaging of the lips/eyes.
- Miami Peel – Helps improve the appearance of dull or uneven skin tone, dark spots or hyperpigmentation, oily or acne prone skin and large pores.